Inline Script Handling in the migration API

We keep getting an error from the Migration API when I ru the Partial Export API

when we look at the server task it has failed with

Octopus.Migrator.exe : Error writing c:\xxx.ps1

First up, I don’t want it to write out separate .ps1. It seems like when you run up octopus.migrator.exe you have an option “–inline-scripts” it sounds exactly like what I want. But the online documentation doesn’t explain how to set that from an API.

When I look at my server task log (when kicked off via an API call)… it just says its sticking to the default

Inline Script Handling: CopyToFiles

Does anyone know how to change it to “LeaveInline” from an API Call?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting in touch! I may need to get some more information from you to get a better idea about where you are stuck.

To start, the --inline-scripts flag should work when using the Octopus.Migrator.exe, though I’ll need some more details about how you are attempting this export via API.

Would you be able to share the script/command you are executing?

I have not seen anyone attempt to use the migrations API endpoint to attempt an export before and I’m not sure that it would be entirely supported. We designed the Octopus.Migrator.exe tool to be directly used for this function.

Looking forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.