In-built repository location

How do I query Octopus to find my in-built repository location? The documentation says that the default location is “C:\Octopus\Packages”. Our home directory is “D:\Octopus Deploy”. Which would seem to imply that our in-built repository is “D:\Octopus Deploy\Packages” which exists but is an empty folder. There is also a “D:\Octopus Deploy\Database\Packages” folder that has what looks like packages in it. How do I find out which folder is unequivocally the correct one? Is the documentation accurate? We are using 3.4.7. Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Generally, the default Built-in feed is a subdirectory of the home directory for Octopus C:\Octopus\Packages in the default installation as you have stated. However, if you would like confirmation, we have an SQL command that will return the table which states the Built-In feed directory.

If you were to run the following query against your Octopus database on your SQL server, it should output the information you need:

SELECT * FROM [dbo].[Configuration] WHERE [id] = 'builtinrepositoryconfigurations-single'

The output should be a JSON string along the likes of {"DeleteUnreleasedPackagesAfter":"1.00:00:00","PackagesDirectory":"C:\\Octopus\\Packages"} Which states the package directory, in my case it is the default directory.

Let me know if that helps or if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Daniel

That does help, thank you. I was hoping I could obtain it by calling some variation of
Octopus.Server.exe path --nugetRepository
but I couldn’t get it to work.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back! I’m glad I could help. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Daniel