Improvement for "IIS Website - Create" step

I’ve had some issues with the “IIS Website - Create” step, generating an error on line 439.
We’re generating a variable number of bindings, depending on the environment. Most of the binding settings are bound to Octopus variables, including a variable that decides whether a certain binding is enabled.

After looking at the source code, it appears that the “enabled” variable is actually evaluated last of all on line 461. I would suggest checking that variable first, before doing anything else.

Now I need to set the variable that determines whether SNI is required, even for environments that have the binding disabled altogether. This leads to more set values for variables, even though they are not actually used. Evaluating the $binding.enabled first, would allow everything else to be skipped conditionally, so the parsing of other booleans earlier in the loop does not fail unexpectedly.

Hi @Thorarin,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Octopus community!

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation of the limitation you’re running into with our IIS Website - Create step. I will raise this with our engineering team for feedback on this potential change, and let you know once I hear something back.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.