I randomly get "Cannot read property 'projectIndex' of undefined" error

An unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2018.6.14: “TypeError: Cannot read property ‘projectIndex’ of undefined”
in n
in main
in t
in t
in t
in t
in t
in t
in k
in div
in t
in Connect(t)
in t
in t
in t
in t
in t
in t
in t
in t
in Provider
in t
in i
in t
HIDE FULL EXCEPTION
Octopus v2018.6.14

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘projectIndex’ of undefined

Object.keys (/app/areas/dashboard/DashboardOverview/DashboardOverview.tsx:111:71)
render (/app/areas/projects/components/DashboardDataSource/DashboardDataSource.tsx:79:26)
Lf (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:147:337)
sf:a:{e=b.type;c=b.pendingProps;d=b.memoizedProps;if(nf())null===c&& (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:150:232)
e (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:182:349)
g (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:183:347)
p (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:184:366)
0;null!==a&&c;){c=!1;if(a.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.pendingWorkPriority>b)c=!0,a.pendingWorkPriority=b;null!==a.alternate&&(a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority>b)&&(c=!0,a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority=b);if(null===a[“return”])if (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:188:389)
S (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:187:415)
enqueueSetState (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:140:181)

Hi,

Really sorry about this issue that you are getting occasionally.
I have raised a bug in https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/4705

Did you happen to see any other errors on the browser console ?

Regards
John

Thanks, John!

here is a screenshot of the console:

Hi,

​Octopus v2018.6.15 is now released, this version contains a fix for this issue.

Cheers
John

still happening in 2018.6.15

yep, came here to post the same thing as LizardKing

Hi,

Really sorry, this one has been a tough one to reproduce but I finally figure out the real issue.
You can read all about it in https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/4734

I have a fix for it, and planning to get it out today.

Thanks heaps for raising this again, and once again sorry!

Cheers
John

Hi,

Just to let everyone know that we finally released this fix in v2018.7.3.
Sorry that it took this long, we had a few critical issues with the 2018.7 release that had to be fixed prior to this one.

Cheers
John

I plan on updating sometime this week to the newest version. I’ll let you know if i see it happen again!

Thank you!