I need to deploy and install the LogicNets Zip file on Windows Server

Hi,

I am trying to deploy and install LogicNets package from octopus on Windows server. I am using 2 steps “1.Deploy a package for pushing the package to specific location and 2.Run as script for instillation”
But when i am trying to Execute the bat file from Power shell script unable to do it. Can you please help me in this process or is there any other steps i can use to execute the bat file.Here is the screenshot.

Hi @sonuvojjala,

Thanks for getting in touch! For PowerShell to execute the .bat file from the command you have here, you will need to use something like the following:

Start-Process "cmd.exe" "/c C:\LogicNetPackage\windows\install_runtime.bat

This should create a new window with the .bat file script executed. However there are some things to consider. When you deploy/run scripts through Octopus, everything is done via the account running the Octopus service or Tentacle service, depending which one you are deploying to.

If this account is not configured to be able to interact with the desktop / have a desktop session, then the window will not open.

If this is not what you are trying to achieve or are encountering a different issue, please let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Let me try that and get back to you.Thank you so much for your time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.