I don't think I am applying system variables correctly

Greetings,

I ran into an issue with transforms and wanted to suppress their errors. Per the documentation is says to set a system variable, Octopus.Action.Package.IgnoreConfigTransformationErrors, to true. To do this I added “custom deployment scripts” to my package process and added the line, $OctopusParameters[“Octopus.Action.Package.IgnoreConfigTransformationErrors”] = $true, to pre-deployment script. That didn’t seem to work so I removed the line from pre-deployment and added it to deployment, the errors still show. Please assist on what I am doing incorrectly.

Octopus 3.1.4

Error when deploying:
Transforming ‘d:\Octopus\Applications\QA\Pulse.Web\1.0.114.1_3\Web.config’ using ‘d:\Octopus\Applications\QA\Pulse.Web\1.0.114.1_3\Web.Release.config’.

09:37:48
Info
Transforming ‘d:\Octopus\Applications\QA\Pulse.Web\1.0.114.1_3\Web.config’ using ‘d:\Octopus\Applications\QA\Pulse.Web\1.0.114.1_3\Web.QA.config’.

Warning
File d:\Octopus\Applications\QA\Pulse.Web\1.0.114.1_3\Web.QA.config, line 24, position 18:

Warning
Argument ‘debug’ did not match any attributes

Warning
File d:\Octopus\Applications\QA\Pulse.Web\1.0.114.1_3\Web.config, line 70, position 6:

Warning
No attributes found to remove

Error
The XML configuration file d:\Octopus\Applications\QA\Pulse.Web\1.0.114.1_3\Web.config failed with transformation file d:\Octopus\Applications\QA\Pulse.Web\1.0.114.1_3\Web.QA.config.

Error
d:\Octopus\Applications\QA\Pulse.Web\1.0.114.1_3\Web.config(70,6): No attributes found to remove

Error
Running rollback conventions…

Error
d:\Octopus\Applications\QA\Pulse.Web\1.0.114.1_3\Web.config(70,6): No attributes found to remove

Error
The remote script failed with exit code 1

Hi,

Thanks for the question.
You will need to set Octopus.Action.Package.IgnoreConfigTransformationErrors in your project variables. See attached screenshot for an example.

Cheers,
Shane

I was wondering if that would work. The documentation reads, “This page lists built-in variableshttp://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Variables provided by Octopus that can be used in your deployment Custom scriptshttp://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Custom+scripts.”, right on top of the system variable pages so I started there. As a beginner I though the variables were more for replacement values.

Thank you for the information.

Brett

This e-mail and/or its attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and legally privileged information belonging to CEB and/or its subsidiaries, including CEB subsidiaries that offer SHL Talent Measurement products and services. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and immediately, destroy all copies of this email and its attachments. The publication, copying, in whole or in part, or use or dissemination in any other way of this e-mail and attachments by anyone other than the intended person(s) is prohibited.