How to see what API keys / users tentacles authenticate as

We need to be able to determine what API key or user tentacles are authenticating-as to perform actions. At the moment, we can see that tentacles are successfully performing actions, but not what user they’re authenticating with to perform those actions.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The answer to your question depends on whether you need to know who triggered the action that the Tentacle is performing, or the account that the Tentacle is using to actually run the action.

The answer to the first question can be found in your Audit Logs. You Audit Log can be found in the Configuration -> Audit screen, and you can find more information here if needed. Below is a quick screenshot showing what is captured for a project deployment to my test environment.

For the second part of the question (what user is the Tentacle service running as), that can be found in two places. The first is in the logs for any given deployment task, an excerpt from a below shows an example:

CurrentUser: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
MachineName: ALEXROLLEY2EC9

The other option here is to look at the Tentacle service on the the computer itself (via services.msc). As you can see above the default user in NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, however this can be changed by setting the This Account option as shown in the screenshot below:

Hopefully that answers your question, please let me know if there is anything else I can help with or if you have any follow up questions.

Regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.