How to make clone or move projects template from one project group to another project group

Hi Team,

We need a quick and easy solution for copying the projects template from One Project group to another project group.
Currently we are having separate project group for each Account ( Client) and under each account multiple projects are there and each project is contains multiple process template inside. I know that I can create clone of the same process template within the same project. But need to know how can I make clone or move the same process template to different project group.

It very urgent for us as we need to create two separate project group ( UAT & Production ) and want to copy projects process template from other project group.

Quick help is appreciated !

Thanks,
Ayan

Hi Ayan,

Thanks for getting in touch! The project cloning feature in the web portal (under the overflow menu in a project’s settings tab) allows you to clone to a different project group than the initial project is in. I’ve added a screenshot below showing this specific project group dropdown.

Additionally, you can change which group a project is currently in in the project’s settings tab.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

The current version of Octopus Deploy installed on server is OctopusV2018.9.16.
As per the screenshot attached by you we are not able to find the Clone From field, Do I need to upgrade the Octopus to current release version. Pls guide me.

Thanks,
Ayan

Hi Ayan,

Thanks for following up. 2018.9.16 should have this full capability. I’ve attached a couple of screenshots in my local instance running this same version below - could you compare these with what you’re seeing?

Clone option in the overflow menu:

Popup menu after selecting the Clone option:

If you don’t see some of this information, could it be due to some permissions restriction on your user?

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Now, I am able to find clone option in the overflow menu.

Regard,
Ayan

Hi Ayan,

Thanks for following up and letting me know. You’re very welcome! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.