How to customize octopus dashboard to display the package number deployed instead of the release version

Hi Team,

Is there any way to cutomize octopus dashboard such a way that we can display the PACKAGE NUMBER deployed in a application instaed to RELEASE VERSION NUMBER.

If we see in the above pic it displays the release version number.

but the package number used is 1.0.0 , so we have a requirement such that the pacakge number (1.0.0) should be displayed on the dashboard rather than release number(4.3.3)

It would be of great help if a solution is provided to this, as we are in a need of this in my organization.

Thanks,
Shaik Sadiq

Hi Shaik Sadiq,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to say that there’s no way to customize the dashboard to show the package version instead of the release version. However, you can set the release versioning strategy to version your releases based on the package version used in a step. This is done in your project’s settings page as shown below.

Would this be a viable way to approach this in your scenario? Let me know what you think or if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.