How to change the default behavior of "skip already installed packages" v2020.6.4788

Currently when a Release is redeployed, Package deployment defaults to “skip already installed packages”

How can the default behavior be changed?
I have looked through the project settings and can see nothing.
This behavior seems to have changed in the last 6 months or so.
Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi Rich,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query.

I’ve checked with the team and there isn’t currently a method to change the default selection for the “Package deployment” option.

You mentioned that this appears to have changed in the last six months or so. Can you please clarify this? e.g. is the option new altogether, has the default selection changed or is it something else?

Best Regards,

Charles

Thank you for your help.
I cannot be 100% sure of when it changed.
It may have been when we switched from our own server to Octopus cloud.

So typically, if we were to roll back to the last deployed release, how should we achieve this?
Is the only option to remember to change the setting at point of redeploy?

Hi Rich,

Thank you for getting back to me.

That’s correct - if you’re re-deploying a release and as part of that you want to re-deploy packages that have already been installed then you will need to choose the “Re-deploy already installed packages” option in the “Package deployment” section on the “Deploy release” screen.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

Ok, that’s fine, thank you for clarifying

Do you know if there are plans to make this configurable in the future, or a way to request it to be?

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the quick reply.

There aren’t any plans to change this in place at the moment. However, there’s no need to put a separate request in as I agree it’d be a useful enhancement and have therefore already shared it on our internal feature discussion area. The product team review incoming suggestions like this so hopefully it may be added in the future.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

Thank you very much for your speedy and accurate help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.