I am using the TeamCity REST API to save the source control changes into a release notes file. But I have a problem with the newline and the tab characters. I checked the created file and it looks fine in notepad or notepad++ as well - it has the neccessary control characters. However, when the release is created in Octopus, the control characters are missing when I check the release Octopus.
I’ve just read the article below and it says it should be OK. But for me it’s not.
I am using Octopus 220.127.116.11. What did I do wrong?
Forgot to mention that I use the --releasenotesfile switch when creating release from TeamCity.
Thanks for reaching out. It should work indeed. Could you send me an example of your release notes file with some content so i can test on my end?
Please find an example file attached.
tfschanges.txt (118 Bytes)
Additional info: release notes are flattened when checking the project overview (see attached overview.jpg) but it’s fine when I click a specific release and then on “edit this release” (see edit.jpg).
Thanks for the screenshots. You need to put an entire extra line between each line of text. Check the attached image to see how would the release notes look like if I use a file with this content
This is the first line
This is the second line
This is the third line
This is the fourth line
Hope that helps!
New lines now work like charm. However, tab characters are still missing and double tabs did not help, but I can live without them.
I’m so sorry i forgot to mention that we use Markdown syntax for the release notes. Check Mardown’s documentation to see how to format text properly