How can i pass cloudformation stack outputs to other steps in a deployment project?

Hi,

I want to create a deployment project with two steps. The first step creates the infrastructure (ELB, RDS…) with a cloudformation template. I want to capture the outputs of the stacks for the second step which deploy a website.

How can i do that?

Thanks.

Hi Issa,

Thanks for getting in touch! Octopus captures your CloudFormation outputs and stores them in output variables. These can then be called in subsequent deployment steps by referencing the CloudFormation step name and variable name. Using the variable substitution syntax, you could call it with #{Octopus.Action[Step_Name].Output.Var_Name}, or in PowerShell with $OctopusParameters["Octopus.Action[Step_Name].Output.Var_Name"]. You can read more about the CloudFormation Template step in the following documentation page.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.