We used to have in TeamCIty
as separate build steps, we then ran tests as part of the build process.
Now we have just one build in TeamCity which creates our package and deploys to each environment, how are people running tests against staging etc?
Thanks for reaching out! Without knowing too much about your app, i could recommend you the following workflow in teamcity:
- Pack your application and upload the package to your feed
- Deploy to dev and wait for the deployment to finish
- Run tests against Dev
- Promote to Stage and wait for the deployment to finish
- Tests on stage
- Promote to Prod and wait for the deployment to finish
- Tests on prod (if you ever do them).
Hope it helps!