Health check failure - suddenly

Hi

Was just about to deploy a release to multiple tentacles and one of them failed a periodic health check and therefore could finish the deploy.

This was very sudden and initially I thought it was our firewall guys. I’ve bounced the box running the Tentacle service and also ran through the setup again, but it still fails.

We have about 15 tentacle boxes in our environment and this is the only one affected.

From the logs, I have:

2013-10-03 15:39:44 INFO Begin health checks
2013-10-03 15:39:48 ERROR One or more errors occurred. Octopus.Shared.Activities.ActivityFailedException: One or more Tentacles were not online. Please see the output log for details.

Server stack trace:
at Octopus.Server.Tasks.Health.LogSummaryActivity.<>c__DisplayClass2.b__0() in c:\w\e6923628be6eaf72\source\Octopus.Server\Tasks\Health\LogSummaryActivity.cs:line 20
at Octopus.Shared.Activities.Activity`1.StartNewThread.Execute() in c:\w\e6923628be6eaf72\source\Octopus.Shared\Activities\Activity.cs:line 52
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task)
at Octopus.Shared.Activities.ActivityRuntime.d__5.MoveNext() in c:\w\e6923628be6eaf72\source\Octopus.Shared\Activities\ActivityRuntime.cs:line 56

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at Octopus.Server.Tasks.Health.HealthControllerActivity.d__6.MoveNext() in c:\w\e6923628be6eaf72\source\Octopus.Server\Tasks\Health\HealthControllerActivity.cs:line 58

Exception rethrown at [2]:
at Octopus.Shared.Activities.ActivityRuntime.d__5.MoveNext() in c:\w\e6923628be6eaf72\source\Octopus.Shared\Activities\ActivityRuntime.cs:line 56

Any ideas guys? This is the first time this has happened :frowning:

2013-10-04 07:49:08 ERROR System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: The remote server returned an unexpected response: (405) Method Not Allowed. —> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (405) Method Not Allowed.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
— End of inner exception stack trace —

Help :frowning:

Hi Robin,

I believe this has now been resolved (IIS took over the port for some reason). If not, please re-open this thread.

Paul