Halibut.Transport.Protocol.Connection Initialization Failed Exception

Hi Team,
I’m getting below error while establishing the connection to one of the tentacle machine. But i dont know which tentacle causing that problem because i have no. of tentacles in our environment. Due to that error, octopus site is not loading. Do I have any workaround in database side to make the site live?

Halibut.Transport.Protocol.ConnectionInitializationFailedException: Unable to process remote identity; unknown identity type: ‘HTTP/1.0’ —> Halibut.Transport.Protocol.ProtocolException: Unable to process remote identity; unknown identity type: 'HTTP/1.0’
at Halibut.Transport.Protocol.MessageExchangeStream.ParseIdentityType(String identityType) in y:\work\7ab39c94136bc5c6\source\Halibut\Transport\Protocol\MessageExchangeStream.cs:line 181
at Halibut.Transport.Protocol.MessageExchangeStream.ReadRemoteIdentity() in y:\work\7ab39c94136bc5c6\source\Halibut\Transport\Protocol\MessageExchangeStream.cs:line 127
at Halibut.Transport.Protocol.MessageExchangeStream.ExpectServerIdentity() in y:\work\7ab39c94136bc5c6\source\Halibut\Transport\Protocol\MessageExchangeStream.cs:line 187
at Halibut.Transport.Protocol.MessageExchangeProtocol.PrepareExchangeAsClient() in y:\work\7ab39c94136bc5c6\source\Halibut\Transport\Protocol\MessageExchangeProtocol.cs:line 41
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at Halibut.Transport.Protocol.MessageExchangeProtocol.PrepareExchangeAsClient() in y:\work\7ab39c94136bc5c6\source\Halibut\Transport\Protocol\MessageExchangeProtocol.cs:line 51
at Halibut.HalibutRuntime.<>c__DisplayClass6.b__5(MessageExchangeProtocol protocol) in y:\work\7ab39c94136bc5c6\source\Halibut\HalibutRuntime.cs:line 115
at Halibut.Transport.SecureClient.ExecuteTransaction(Action`1 protocolHandler) in y:\work\7ab39c94136bc5c6\source\Halibut\Transport\SecureClient.cs:line 60

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Is that error from your Octopus Server log? Could you send us the complete server log located in c:\Octopus\Logs (in a standard) install as that might give us the error thats not allowing your site to load. A bad Tentacle should not cause this, we would need to figure out if something else is corrupted.

Thanks!
Vanessa

Hey, I am also facing the same issue

Hi Shian,

Thanks for getting in touch! To understand what is happening herer we will need a copy of your server logs. Would you be able to attach a said logs? You can find them in C:\Octopus\Logs in a default installation of Octopus.

Could you also please you let us know what version of Octopus you are currently using?

Looking forward ot hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel