Guided Failure Environment Inheritance Ignored

During our most recent production release we encountered several Windows service deployments issue which should have triggered a guided failure in their associated projects. I’ve confirmed that the Octopus projects are configured to use the ‘default setting from the target environment’ and the target environment is set to ‘use guided failure by default’. Currently we are running Octopus Deploy v2018.8.6. Have there been any other reports of this behavior, or fixes included in more recent versions?

Thanks,

SN

1 Like

Hi @snaulls,

Thanks for getting in touch! I have just attempted to reproduce this error on my VM without success. So I may need to get some more information from you to understand what could be going wrong here.

Would you be able to attach the raw deployment log for a deployment which should be prompting the guided failure?

For the guided failure to trigger, the deployment must have an error reported to Octopus. What sort of issues did you notice in your deployments? Were this issues noticed after a successful deployment?

The above information alongside the log file should paint a better picture of what could be going wrong here. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel. I have been attempting to gather more detail from our production support teams but due to the holidays it’s been challenging. Once I have the data I will forward it to you. If for some reason I can’t get it, please feel free to close the topic. I will submit a new one in the event it happens again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.