Getting this error when opening process

Octopus v2019.6.4

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘DeploymentAction’ of null

getInvalidAutomaticReleaseCreationConfigurationCallout (/app/areas/projects/components/DeploymentProcess/DeploymentProcessOverview.tsx:192:186)
getInvalidAutomaticReleaseCreationConfigurationCallout (/app/areas/projects/components/DeploymentProcess/DeploymentProcessOverview.tsx:192:97)
getInvalidConfigurationCallouts (/app/areas/projects/components/DeploymentProcess/DeploymentProcessOverview.tsx:218:36)
getInvalidConfigurationCallouts (/app/areas/projects/components/DeploymentProcess/DeploymentProcessOverview.tsx:178:30)
Yg (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:169:128)
Wg (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:168:256)
b.tag=0,S (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:176:0)
hi (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:221:15)
ii (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:222:280)

The deployment is broken as well, so need to be able to open the process.

I’ve cleared the deployment steps using the API and can open the process in the UI now. I’ll rebuild the steps, but at least I don’t have to recreate the whole project. It had Azure Web App and Classic Worker Role steps in it.

Hi Ian

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to see you had a bad experience there; doubly so as you’re hitting a bug in code that’s meant to be helping you find and fix bad data.

I’m glad to hear you resolved it and are unblocked. Did you happen to save the old deploymentprocess? It would be useful to know exactly what state it was in.

Do you happen to know what happened to get the project into that state? You might have luck looking at the audit history for that project to see what changed. I suspect a step got removed that was used in the automatic release creation, though I’m not sure how, as that action should be blocked.

Look forward to getting to the bottom of this.

Regards,
Matt

Hi Ian

Just to keep you in the loop - I’ve raised a couple of issues to fix this in the fast lane release and 2019.6 LTS.

The fast lane fix will go out soon in 2019.8.5, and the 2019.6 LTS fix should be good to go later this week.

Hopefully you’ll never hit this bug again though!

Happy deployments.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt,

That is great news, thanks.

Regards,
Ian.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.