Getting full container name from package reference

Hi There,

Hoping for some help with package references. I have an Azure web app that takes a configuration setting as a full docker container name. Something along the lines of {containerRegistryHostname}/{Repo}/{ImageName}:{VersionTag}

I’ve created my own step template starting from this : https://library.octopus.com/step-templates/850667b2-567d-46ba-a87d-d85dc31ebc83/actiontemplate-azure-web-app-set-app-settings

That includes a package reference, the variable for the package reference is : azureWebAppSettings.Package

I’ve setup Octopus with a connection to the container registry in the library.

I’ve added the step to my project and when I create a release Octopus can see the correct version of my container from the registry.

However I’m struggling getting the full registry hostname AND more importantly the package version as a variable from the PackageReference variable so that I can set it in my Azure webapp.

My azureWebAppSettings.settings parameter is set to this:

BatchContainerRegistryImageName=#{azureWebAppSettings.Package.FeedId}/#{azureWebAppSettings.Package.PackageId}:#{azureWebAppSettings.Package.PackageVersion}

But the output log is returning this once variable substitution has been performed:

BatchContainerRegistryImageName=Feeds-1186/rmtech/warp/warp-batch:

So my questions come down to this:

• How do I get the full feed URL/Hostname of the feed from a package reference?
  • How do I get the selected package version from a package reference?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

I’ve copied here some output from some variables. Have a look at these as I think they’ll give you what you need. Customize for your scenario, obviously.

[Octopus.Action.Package[hello-world].Image] = 'index.docker.io/hello-world:latest'
[Octopus.Action.Package[hello-world].PackageId] = 'hello-world'
[Octopus.Action.Package[hello-world].PackageVersion] = 'latest'
[Octopus.Action.Package[hello-world].Registry] = 'index.docker.io'

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Mark

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.