Fontawesome spinners don't spin in 2022.3

Spinners during a deploy or when running a healthcheck on a tentacle don’t move.

I’m upgrading a self-hosted server from 2022.2.7180 to 2022.3. I’ve tried build 10514 and 10530 on a desktop and 10514 on a server and they all have this issue.

Fontawesome was upgraded from 4 to 6 between these versions.

Hi @rjunruh,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the spinner element in the UI.

I did some local testing, and was able to see this behavior on 2022.3.10530 on multiple browsers. I did test it on an early release of 2022.4 and it was working there, so it might be some small CSS tweak that needs to be backported into 2022.3.

I’ll get this raised with our front-end team and see if we can get it fixed up in an upcoming release.

Is there an update on this? I installed build 10594 and I can now see spinners but no one else on my team can. We can’t figure out what the issue is. It doesn’t seem to be caching.

Hey @rjunruh,

Our engineers are still working on this one, we have managed to produce it on one instance but none of the engineers can on the same server and Octopus versions so we are scratching our heads as to why this is happening for some people and not others.

As soon as we figure it out will will let you know. We are working on updating the icon elements so there are discussions of starting with the spinner icon but again none of our engineers can reproduce it, we have only managed to do it once.

We will keep plugging away at it to try and figure it out, and will update you as soon as we hear anything.

Kind Regards,

Clare

Hi @rjunruh

It looks like we’ve found the culprit on this one. It looks like as part of FontAwesome version 6, it now will stop animations if they’re disabled at a system/browser level. You can find more information on this on FontAwesome’s docs.

On server 2019, changing this setting in the Settings app (in the Ease of Access section) regained the functionality:

Hope this helps, and please let us know how this goes for you!

2 Likes

Thanks, this worked for us.

1 Like

Hey @rjunruh,

Fantastic news that worked for you! Just keeping you and anyone else having this issue updated but our engineers have created a public GitHub Issue for this so feel free to subscribe to it and you will be notified of when a more permanent fix is out. In the meantime if any other customers are experiencing this then changing the ‘Show animations in Windows’ setting to ‘On’ (enabled) will solve this issue.

Kind Regards,

Clare

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.