Feed ID / Package ID

Hi Octopus,

I’m attempting to print out Feed information in a Project step “Call Compliance_Buddy_URL”:

$ArtficatoryPackageID = $OctopusParameters[“Octopus.Action.Package.PackageId”]
$ArtficatoryVersion = $OctopusParameters[“Octopus.Action.Package.PackageVersion”]
$ArtficatoryFeed = $OctopusParameters[“Octopus.Action.Package.FeedId”]

Write-Host "Artficatory Package ID: " $ArtficatoryPackageID
Write-Host "Artficatory Package Version: " $ArtficatoryVersion
Write-Host "Octopus Feed ID: " $ArtficatoryFeed

Step is running without error, but no data is being returned:

Artficatory Package Version:
Artficatory Package ID:
Octopus Feed ID:

At this point project has already acquired packages in question, wondering if you can provide any assistance in what I’m doing incorrectly?

Many Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch! When Octopus creates these system output variables, they’re scoped to the step that created them. So you’ll need to reference the step name which is creating these variables when calling them. If your step name is Call Compliance_Buddy_URL, you would call the variables this step created with this:

$ArtficatoryPackageID = $OctopusParameters[“Octopus.Action[Call Compliance_Buddy_URL].Package.PackageId”]
$ArtficatoryVersion = $OctopusParameters[“Octopus.Action[Call Compliance_Buddy_URL].Package.PackageVersion”]
$ArtficatoryFeed = $OctopusParameters[“Octopus.Action[Call Compliance_Buddy_URL].Package.FeedId”]

Could you give that a try and let me know how you go? I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Referencing the step name worked a treat!

Really appreciate your speedy resolution to this issue.

Many Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for following up, and that’s great to hear it’s all up and running! You’re very welcome, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.