FEATURE REQUEST - Check for untransformed variables

It would be incredibly helpful to have the option to check for untransformed variables after variable substitution is done. Options to either warn or fail the deploy would be great.

Hi @msmith,

Thank you for reaching out, and I would be happy to help with your support request!

As an initial step, I wanted to mention that we do have some baseline logging for this, but what you’re describing sounds a little more advanced than the existing functionality, i.e.,

09:00:47   Verbose  |       Performing variable substitution on '/home/Octopus/Work/20230622090047-1983314-35/Script.ps1'
09:00:47   Warning  |       No files were found that match the replacement target pattern 'appsettings.json'

As I mentioned, this level of logging seems to be one step above what you are discussing, wherein the individual variables would be inspected/reported on (and these messages also don’t impact the flow of execution within a deployment).

With this being the case, I would recommend reaching out via our new Roadmap portal, where you can submit ideas such as this for review/consideration by our product team(s). You should be able to submit a new idea by clicking the blue Submit Idea button at the top-right of the page, but let me know if you have any trouble.

Thanks again for reaching out about this, and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Regards,

Britton

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.