Exception of type 'Octopus.Core.Model.Exceptions.EntityNotFoundException' was thrown

Hi.

Following server upgrade to “Version 2022.1 (Build 2584)” all projects with danish characters (æ, ø or å) in their names throws the following exception when selected in octopus gui:

Exception of type ‘Octopus.Core.Model.Exceptions.EntityNotFoundException’ was thrown.

A workaround is changing the project name directly in SQL.

kind regards
Kasper

Hi @kbl_sg,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support. I’m sorry you are running into this issue.

I’m going to attempt to reproduce this in a test environment. I’ll let you know what I find.

In the meantime, could you share a copy of your Octopus Server logs? I’ve created a secure upload link you may use.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards,
Donny

Thank you. I have uploaded server log.

Hi @kbl_sg,

Thank you for your patience.

I was unable to reproduce this issue using the same version of Octopus. I hope you don’t mind, I have a few clarifying questions:

• Can you provide an example project name that was affected?
  • Does creating a new project with the same name as a previously broken project work as expected?
  • What version of Octopus were you on prior to 2022.1.2584?
  • Can you tell me the current region and language setting on the machine Octopus is installed on?
  • What is the current OS version of the Octopus Server machine?
  • Were the affected projects using Config-as-Code (Git Version Control)?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best Regards,
Donny

Hi @donny.bell

Thank you for for reply.

Below answers to your questions:

• OrgSync Fanø
  • Creating a new projects fails as well
  • Region: Denmark. Keyboard: Danish, Display language: English US.
  • Windows 2012 R2
  • No

Hi @kbl_sg,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing the additional requested information.

Interestingly, I was able to reproduce the issue this morning. Even the projects I created that worked yesterday with the special characters no longer work today. This may be due to caching on my end. However, it does appear that there may be something going on with encoding/decoding the special characters in the URL.

I’ve created a GitHub issue for this you may subscribe to here: Project names with certain special characters may fail to load with an Octopus.Core.Model.Exceptions.EntityNotFoundException error · Issue #7545 · OctopusDeploy/Issues · GitHub

If you have any additional questions about this or anything else, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Donny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.