Error while using Deploy ispac SSIS project from a package

When trying to deploy ispac file, getting following error - New-Object : Cannot find type [Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.IntegrationServices.IntegrationServices]: verify that
the assembly containing this type is loaded.

Can anyone point out what’s the issue ?

Hi Gohli,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m unable to precisely determine the issue, though I suspect it might come down to your server not containing the SSISDB catalog (which needs to manually be created, and contains the IntegrationServices assembly). The following MIcrosoft doc page outlines how you can create this SSISDB catalog in SQL Server Management Studio or via PowerShell.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/catalog/ssis-catalog?view=sql-server-2017#create-the-ssis-catalog

Was this by chance the missing piece in your scenario? Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the response. In my scenario, there is an intermediate server(tentacles installed) between octopus server and the target server i.e. SQL Server(already contains SSISDB catalog). And [Deploy ispac SSIS project from a package] library runs on intermediate server(I’m assuming here, powershell script makes a remote call to target server). So my question is, what are all required to be installed on the intermediate server?

Regards,
Gohli

Hi Gohli,

Thanks for following up! It’d be a bit of a pain to have to install SQL Server on the intermediate machine, but I believe it should work if you install just the IntegrationServices assembly to the GAC on this machine. The following thread on Microsoft’s support page I think answers how to do this.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/326948a5-2844-47c8-ae67-a458b72137cf/microsoftsqlservermanagementintegrationservices-dll-is-missing?forum=sqlintegrationservices

Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions going forward!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the info. I’m going to try installing just IntegrationServices assembly and let you know how it goes.

Regards,
Gohli

Hi Gohli,

That sounds great, thanks for letting me know, and I’m interested in hearing if that gets it up and running for you. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.