Error while openeing a project

I am experiencing below error when I try to open a project in Octopus. I am not sure why its breaking.

Can you look into it?

Thank You.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m terribly sorry you’re hitting this annoying and confusing bug. Which version of Octopus are you currently running? We saw this error when opening a project in the past, so if this is the case for you, it may just require an upgrade of the server and/or Octo.exe (if you’ve imported this project via Octo.exe). The relevant issue can be seen at the following link, which was fixed in 3.4.12.

I look forward to hearing back!

Kind regards,

Kenny

Hi
I have upgraded Octopus to 2018.2.7 and change the Oct.exe in C:\Octopus folder, but now it shows a new error. I was using 3.16 Octopus before and Oct.exe 4.22.0 and now the Oct.exe 4.30.8

Octopus v2018.2.7 TypeError: Cannot read property ‘releaseIndex’ of undefined
Octopus v2018.2.7

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘releaseIndex’ of undefined

Object.keys (/app/areas/projects/components/ProjectOverview/OverviewFilters.tsx:150:29)
render (/app/areas/projects/components/ProjectOverview/OverviewFilters.tsx:173:30)
Lf (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:147:337)
sf:a:{e=b.type;c=b.pendingProps;d=b.memoizedProps;if(nf())null===c&& (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:150:232)
e (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:182:349)
g (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:183:347)
p (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:184:366)
0;null!==a&&c;){c=!1;if(a.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.pendingWorkPriority>b)c=!0,a.pendingWorkPriority=b;null!==a.alternate&&(a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority>b)&&(c=!0,a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority=b);if(null===a[“return”])if (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:188:389)
S (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:187:415)
enqueueSetState (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:140:181)

Hi again,
In the diagnostic page (/configuration/diagnostics/logs) I can see the same error, do I need to run any job after running the upgrade.

by mis@bizbrains.dk : Sequence contains no matching element System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 predicate)
at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.ProgressionViewActionController.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.b__9(Release release)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.<>c__DisplayClass7_03.<CombineSelectors>b__0(TSource x) at System.Linq.Enumerable.<>c__DisplayClass7_03.b__0(TSource x)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.<>c__DisplayClass7_03.<CombineSelectors>b__0(TSource x) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable1 source) at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.ProgressionViewActionController.GetReleaseProgression(String projectId, IOctopusPrincipalInternal octopusPrincipal) at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.ProgressionViewAction.ExecuteRegistered(String id) at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder1.Respond(TDescriptor options, NancyContext context)
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.OctopusNancyModule.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<get_Routes>b__1(Object x)
at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, I understand this behavior is frustrating.

Since you’ve now updated to the latest version of Octopus, can you please try replacing ‘app#’ with ‘oldportal#’ in the Octopus URL? This will load Octopus using the V3 UI, if you can please let me know if the issue persists here that would be appreciated.

Can I also confirm at this stage, if this happening when opening the Project or when applying a filter to the release version on the Project overview screen?

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this, your patience is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hi
Its coming while opening the project even in the old portal as well.

Best Regards,

Majid

Hi again,

The error comes only on the project overview tab and if I navigate around I can open other tabs. But once I click Overview tab or select project from the project dropdown I see this error. 

I hope to hear from you soon 

Hi Majid,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this,

I appreciate you letting me know the outcome of using the oldportal# UI, this really helps out!

In order move forward from here, if possible, could you please organize for an SQL database backup to be uploaded for investigation purposes?

https://file.ac/9Puw7TfDp1U/

I’ve included a link below where you can upload the file, only we have access to download these files, and we will only allow upload access to you.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this, I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hi Reece,
I have uploaded the database on the link, let me know if you need anything else as well?

Thank You

Best Regards,
Majid

Hi Majid,

Thanks for getting back to me,

To confirm, I’ve successfully received your database backup, however, I’m running into issues getting this setup with Octopus without the Master Key (our normal method of restoring the database is experiencing issues and we are working on this currently)

If possible, can you please follow the steps outlined in the documentation linked below; to upload the encrypted master key to the same link provided for the backup files? (It’s very likely that we’ll get our internal solution fixed before you have a chance to respond, though in the interest of time it would be valuable if you could complete this)

Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hi Majid,

Thanks for your patience regarding this,

I’d come to have a look to see if my proposed step offered a solution, however, I’ve now noticed that on Friday I left the message as a private note, not as a reply, I’m sorry for my mistake!

I encountered numerous issues attempting to restore your database backup, additionally, the master key you provided was experiencing errors when trying to decrypt, however, I was finally able to get this restored into my instance.

Once I had the projects within my database, I found that making a subtle change the Project Name and then saving the project was enough to fix the overview area of the Project.

Can I ask you to try and re-name a project, save this change and then you can change this back and save afterward? If you experience an error upon saving, please let me know what this is.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue if not let me know and I’ll jump straight back onto this as I’ve now been successful in getting this up and running.

I look forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.