Embedded Web Sites IIS

Is it possible to setup sites within sites in IIS?
Sites
- Site1
- Site2?

I’ve tried and keep failing miserably. I setup the ‘Relative home directory’ as Site1 so it should create the Site2 within Site1.

The error I get is :

Resolve-Path : Cannot find path ‘C:\Octopus\Applications\Development\Site2\1.0\Site1’ because it does not exist.

At C:\Octopus\Applications\Development\Site2\1.0\Octopus.Features.IISWebSite_BeforePostDeploy.ps1:87 char:25

• $webRoot = (resolve-path <<<< $webRoot).ProviderPath
    • CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Octopus\Appl…0.10_3\Site1:String) [Resolve-Path], ItemNotFoundException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ResolvePathCommand

Is there anything else I need to set?

What I’m trying to get to is displayed in the attached image

Capture.PNG

Hi Zahir,

Thanks for getting in touch! Yes, setting up tiered sites with Octopus is possible and quite easy with the correct step template, we have a great range of step templates to help you perform certain tasks in Octopus. One in particular is designed to customize and create IIS virtual directories easily. It can be found on our step template library site; I will provide a link below.
https://library.octopusdeploy.com/step-template/actiontemplate-iis-virtual-directory-create

Simply import this step template to your Octopus server under Library -> Step templates -> Import and you are ready to use it in your project.

Let me know what you think!

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you. I stumbled upon this yesterday and the ‘IIS Application - Create’ worked for me.

Hi Zahir,

Thanks for getting back! I’m glad to hear you have it sorted!

Feel free to get in touch again if you run into any more issues or have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Daniel