Editing a Step Template gives me this error

We are using Octopus version 2022.2.8011 in an on-prem HA configuration. Earlier I was editing a deployment process and received this error. It was a project configured to use git, so I un dropped commits from the branch in fixed the problem, (dont even recall what I did to cause it)

This time I was creating a new step template. I had already saved it, it was based on the Run an AWS CLI Script step. I was adding parameters to the step template. I was working on this field
and clicked the bind symbol to pick a variable and typed in the name of the parameter I had created in the step template (which didn’t show up) I hit enter, and then got this

If I leave and come back to the step template on the details page, I see that again. I can get to the Usage page which is of course 0 usage as it is new.

If needed I can go delete the step template from the DB, but I wanted to first see if there was a better way

this is similar, Error: “TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘AcquisitionLocation’)” - Octopus Server - Octopus Deploy, however the github issue is about referenced packages and as of yet, there were no packages referenced in the work I was doing

I checked the step template via the API, somehow it get set to "Octopus.Action.Script.ScriptSource": "Package", I used the API to increment the version and set that to Inline and it is now working. so you can close the case. There were no packages listed. so it seems to be just setting it to Package. I didn’t hit save, and this just happened.

Hi Leslie,

Great to hear you found the issue! I was actively in the process of trying to repro this behavior, so I appreciate your quick turn around to let me know your resolution. :slight_smile:

Please let us know if you come across any questions or concerns in the future.

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.