Edit step as JSON broken?

“Edit step as JSON” isn’t working for me.
Have the latest version 3.4.9 running.
Using Chrome (option not appearing in IE11 or Edge)

Also weird, is that for nested steps (rolling deployment) I see the “Edit step as JSON” option twice.

Doesn’t look to be server side issue, data is comming back from server and is logged in console.
After that there’s a Javascript error.

octopus.min.js:13 Uncaught Error: [$injector:unpr] Unknown provider: $modalProvider <- $modal
http://errors.angularjs.org/1.4.1/$injector/unpr?p0=%24modalProvider%20<-%20%24modal

2016-09-16_12_36_21-CHEYN_Ecommerce_deployment_process_-_Octopus_Deploy.png

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out. That “Edit step as JSON” feature doesn’t actually come from Octopus. It is provided by the BlueFin extension which is not supported by us (though we are fans of it!).

You’re gonna have to reach the extension’s dev David for this one.

Cheers,
Dalmiro

Thanks for pointing this out.
Now I feel pretty stupid :slight_smile:

Well to be 100% honest, I had my lab at version 3.4.7 and I was like “When did we release that feature?!”. Upgraded to 3.4.9, didn’t find it there and then I remembered BlueFin.

So not even an Octopus employee figured it out right away. Hopefully that’ll make you feel better :slight_smile:

This has been fixed in the latest version of the extension (1.52.10). Chrome should auto-update, but if not, you can go to the extensions page in chrome and hit Update extensions now.