EAP 3.4 MultiTenancy Feedback

Hi Guys,
Thanks for getting an early release of this out into our hands so soon.
Some feedback I have based on this release (3.4.0-alpha0001)

1. Lifecycles: Being able to create / manage a lifecycle at the tenant level would be very advantageous. Using your video as an example, If Customer 2 has purchased both a Staging and a Production licence, then Logic would dictate that you would want to prevent the deployment of a newer version of Mojo to the production environment than is currently deployed in the Staging environment. Unless I am missing something else, Lifecycles (or something equivilent) would be how to control this at the tenant level.
  2. Security: While there is a new role that allows specific permisisions to manage tenants, Could there also be a way to restrict user access to particular tenants, the same way we do with projects and environments. That way we could assign teams to tenants for them to manage (including accessing the environments for that tenant), and not allow them to trigger tasks for tenants they are not authorized to?

Thanks for the great work.
Look forward to the feedback

Matt.

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is much appreciated and will help ensure that what we’re implementing will work for our customers :slight_smile:

I’ll hopefully have good answers to your feedback below:

Lifecycles

We have (what we call) tenant-aware lifecycles on the list of features to implement, https://octopus.com/blog/rfc-multitenancy-take-two#deploying-to-tenants, this should cover your scenario where you want to prevent deploying an application to production before it’s been deployed to staging (for example).

Security

We’re adding tenants (and also tags in tag sets) to the team page so that you can scope teams to certain tenants, or tenants that are assigned different tags in tag sets. This will be included in the next EAP build.

I hope that helps and I’d, again, like to thank you for taking the time to send through your feedback as it will help us ensure that we’re on the right track much earlier in the development cycle.

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik