"Duplicate value" should _always_ be available in Project Variables

Currently for whatever reason, the “Duplicate Variable” feature is unavailable for single entries of variables… but is available once there are multiple values.
So in order to actually duplicate a variable, I have to

1. Add Value
  2. Duplicate Value (on the original variable entry)
  3. Delete Value (on the empty “Added” variable I didn’t actually want).

This gets frustrating when I have to do this for a dozen variables (and you haven’t implemented duplicating all variables at once yet)

My coworker has noticed that there’s actually two different drop-downs, one for variables and one for variable values, which explains the differences in menu content.

Note that I wouldn’t be nearly as annoyed if I hadn’t just had to hackily “Duplicate” a dozen variables x 3 environments if you’d implement a button to do that all for me as suggested in https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/6665302-simplify-cloning-variables-for-new-environment

Hi Chris,
Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that duplicating variables is overly cumbersome.

Alternatively, I’m not sure that this will be helpful in your scenario, have you tried using Library Variable Sets to simplify this process?

Take a look at our documentation on Variable sets and let me know what you think.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Tina

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.