Does not work: octo.exe push --overwrite-mode=IgnoreIfExists

The documentation implies that using --overwrite-mode=IgnoreIfExists should make the command return success if the package already exists with the same version number. However, it does not. The option is parsed correctly – if I use an invalid option like --overwrite-mode=fnord I get a syntax error from octo.exe – but it does not have the desired effect. Slightly cleaned example below.

PS D:\DEVOPS_AUTOMATION\Scripts\jobs> & .\octo.exe push --overwrite-mode=IgnoreIfExists --package $zipfilePath
Octopus Deploy Command Line Tool, version 6.12.0

Detected automation environment: "NoneOrUnknown"
Space name unspecified, process will run in the default space context
Handshaking with Octopus Server: http://my-octo-server/
Handshake successful. Octopus version: 2019.5.10; API version: 3.0.0
Authenticated as: API Key - *myaccount*
Pushing package: D:\DEVOPS_AUTOMATION\Scripts\jobs\packages\*redacted*.zip...
Requesting signature for delta compression from the server for upload of a package with id '*redacted*' and version '8.17.438.0'
Calculating delta
The delta file (59 bytes) is 0.00 % the size of the orginal file (1,599,109 bytes), uploading...
There was a problem with your request.

- A package with the same ID and version already exists.

Error from Octopus Server (HTTP 409 Conflict)
Exit code: -7

Hi @rpresser1,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m very sorry to hear you’ve hit this unexpected issue. Fortunately it’s currently a known bug, and a fix for it is on its way very shortly. You can reference the PR at the following link.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

So does this mean that the flag is not supported by my server version? I’m on 2019.5.10 currently.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.