Deployments target filter is case sensitive - shouldn't be

Infrastructure → Deployments target filter is case sensitive
I can’t think of a situation where I would find that helpful. I can think of one where it’s not!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry for the unexpected behavior you’re hitting on the target filter. I whole-heartedly agree that it’s unhelpful. Fortunately I’m unable to reproduce this issue locally (running v2023.3.4541), and the filter on the deployment targets is not case sensitive.

I found a similar issue with environment filtering, and my guess is this was fixed in conjunction with that issue.

I hope that helps, and let us know if you have any further questions or concerns going forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

We are recently on 2023.2.12868 - I’ll hold tight for the next upgrade. Thanks!

Hi @Chris_P_Pleasant,

I’m stepping in for Kenny as he is offline at the moment, but I’m happy to help, and thank you for letting us know the version of Octopus Deploy you are currently using.

I noticed Kenny linked a related issue, but there is also an issue tracking this specific bug as well, which I will link for your review/reference:

In taking a look at the release notes on the issue, it looks like this was resolved in Octopus Deploy version 2023.3.1363, but I don’t see any mention of where this was fixed in the 2023.2 release branch.

With that being the case, I’ve reached out internally to get some clarification on this for you, and I will let you know when I hear back from the team on this.

Thanks for your patience while I wait to hear back, and let me know if I can be of any other help in the meantime.

Regards,

Britton

Hi @Chris_P_Pleasant,

We just got an update on this, and it looks like this fix wasn’t initially included in the 2023.2 release branch, but the team is working on backporting this now.

Once the fix has been backported, it should post the fixed version for 2023.2 to the GitHub issue, so I recommend subscribing to this for updates.

Thanks again for reporting this, and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Regards,

Britton

Hi @Chris_P_Pleasant,

It looks like the fixed version number hasn’t posted yet, but our team just let me know that the fix for this should be available in Octopus Deploy version 2023.2.12998, which you can download at the following link:

Regards,

Britton

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.