Deployment Targets being removed from environment immediately after being added

Hi,

We’re having an issue where after we add Deployment Targets to an Environments, they appear to be removed by a “domain event”. I’ve uploaded a screen with the audit log

Can you shed any light on what this domain event may be?

Cheers,

Neale

Hi @neale.johnston,

Thank you for reaching out.

Is it possible that your Machine Policy (via InfrastructureMachine Policies) is set to “Automatically delete unavailable machine”?

Let me know at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,
Donny

Hi @donny.bell,

Thanks for replying.

We only have the default policy, and it is set to not delete deployment targets automatically.

Cheers,

Neale

Hi @neale.johnston,

Thank you for getting back to me.

After re-reading, it looks like I misunderstood your original issue. When you said “removed”, I was under the impression that the Deployment Target itself was being removed. Can you confirm the issue is that the Environment you are adding to a Deployment Target isn’t “sticking” once added?

If this is the case, and you can find an audit entry where the Environment was added, there should also be an audit entry where it was removed. The (domain-event) tagged event doesn’t appear to be a reversal as there is no JSON attached to the entry.

Are you able to navigate to the Target in question in the UI, then view the API for this Target in your browser?

Example:
http://YOUR_OCTOPUS_URL/app#/Spaces-1/infrastructure/machines/Machines-341/settings

Turns into:
http://YOUR_OCTOPUS_URL/api/Spaces-1/machines/Machines-341

Let me know what you find once you get a chance to try the above.

Best Regards,
Donny

Hi,

Sorry, the confusion was my fault, we think of it as adding the target to the environment.

It turns out that we are trying to do add two envs at the same time via the client, which is resulting in this weirdness:

We’ll see if we can add these in a more sensible way.

Thanks for your help in diverting me from the mysterious “domain event”

Cheers,

Neale

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.