Deploying to SAN gives Powershell error

Hi Paul,

I’ve experienced some weirdness lately with our *deploy.ps1 scripts not executing when the sites are being deployed to our SAN. This has worked flawlessly prior to our upgrade to 0.9.511.2528 (I skipped a couple of revs before that) and I’m wondering if the way Powershell is being executed has changed? A typical output is in the attached log. Nothing changed in our configuration here and I’ve tried a number of suggested fixes from Google searches around the ‘AuthorizationManager check failed’ but nothing helps so I reverted the state of our VMs to what had worked. Needless to say deploying to local disk causes no issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

deploy_error.txt (9 KB)

Hi John,

I’ll try to debug this tonight. Out of interest is your PowerShell execution policy set to RemoteSigned or Untrusted?

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 23/11/2011 12:21
To: Paul Stovell
Subject: Deploying to SAN gives Powershell error [Problems]

Hi Paul,

The execution policy is set to ‘Unrestricted’.

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

It occurs to me that the Tentacle.exe process by default runs under the Local System account - it’s quite likely that it doesn’t have permissions to access the remote file share.

Are you able to change the service to run under a custom user account that is a local administrator and has permissions to the share?

Paul

Hi Paul,

The Tentacle is running under a custom account with admin rights both in the domain and on the local machine. The strange thing is that this has worked until recently.

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay. I now have a fix for this - I basically needed to override the execution policy of my process.

If it’s urgent I can try to get you a patch based on the current production build, otherwise if it can wait till the weekend I can test it better and include it in the next release. Let me know!

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this, it’s not urgent as I have a short-term workaround so I’m happy to wait for the next release.

Cheers,
John

Hi Paul,

This still seems to be problematic and I can’t see anything relating to it on the board. Is the issue considered resolved (in which case I don’t think it is) or is it in a different ‘to-do’ list somewhere?

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

I had thought the issue was fixed, are you able to post the latest error log?

Paul