Deploying to Azure API Management Issue

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could help please or is experiencing the same issue. The issue seems to have started to occur since we upgraded Octopus from v2019.9.7 to v2019.12.

The issue is occurring when we’re trying to deploy changes to an API in API Management in Azure - We are getting “InvalidOperation: The operation has timed out” when calling an ‘invoke-webrequest’. This is deployed via a pipeline but the step runs on the Octopus Server itself. Networks have looked into it and can’t see anything to suggest proxy/firewall is blocking the connection.

When running the invoke-webrequest command outside of the pipeline , through powershell on the server that hosts Octopus it gets a 200 response and also gets a 200 response in the task console in the Octopus UI.

Has anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks!

Hi Arron,

Thanks for getting in touch! That’s very strange, and we’d like to dig into this one further. Could you send us logs from both a successful deployment of this project from 2019.9.7 and also a failed deployment from 2019.12? I’m hoping comparing these two side by side can help point us in the right direction.

Another piece of information that could help troubleshoot this is a JSON export of your deployment process. You can get this in your project’s process page, and selecting Download to JSON from the overflow menu, as shown below.

You can mark this thread as private, or email them to us directly at support@octopus.com and I can grab them from there. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I raised this issue with your support via the support email as well and it seems that it might be caused by https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/5953. I’m continuing to do further tests on our pre-prod environment but probably best if I keep continuing on the email ticket rather than duplicating work for you!

Thanks!

Hi Arron,

That sounds great, thanks for letting me know!

Best regards,

Kenny