Deploying BizTalk - OctoChat

In the 9/4/20 OctoChat at minute 55:49 Derek Campbell says Harold was able to shorten his BizTalk app installs to less than 10 minutes. I automate BizTalk app installs in Octopus Deploy using BTDF but my deployments take 30 minutes to an hour depending on the BizTalk app. Can you share the deployment process Herold uses to shorten the deployment time?

Hey Ron,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I’m going to reach out to the user and try and get some more info on how they were able to shorten their deployments considerably.

I’ll be in touch when I find out more!

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Ron.
What my BizTalk team has done is basicly use BTDF with minor alterations.
It’s important to make sure that the applications that are going to be altered, are terminated and the files that are going to be altered are open (not locked).

MSI installations should run fast and scripts should take up to 2 seconds.
On average BizTalk applications and libraries takes up to 1 minute each to install.

Thank you for the assistance. In our process we undeploy the BizTalk app and then deploy the new version of the BizTalk app into BizTalk. The portion which takes the longest are all the “BTSTask.exe AddResource” commands. For one of the BizTalk applications it takes 16 minutes to deploy 115 assemblies.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.