Deploy to SSH Target as non root user

Hi,

I’m getting a couple of errors while trying to deploy with octopus user; The app to be installed is Telegraf and the process fails to acces a couple of folders, where the mentioned user has permissions (/etc/yum.repos.d), or is in fact the owner (/etc/telegraf/).

Octopus user can read/write when connected directly from the terminal or in the octopus task console, but the execution of the deployment fails with permission error messages.

Also “ensure that the application that uses this directory is not running” error, which It`s not…

Octopus user has sudo powers to install the app without password.

Error | /home/octopus/.octopus/OctopusServer/Work/20200629094607-309190-260/Script.sh: línea 2: /etc/yum.repos.d/influxdb.repo: Permiso denegado

(permiso denegado = Denied permission)

11:46:43 Info | Copying package contents to ‘/etc/telegraf’
11:46:43 Verbose | Retry #1 on copy ‘/etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf’. Exception: Access to the path is denied.
11:46:43 Verbose | Retry #2 on copy ‘/etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf’. Exception: Access to the path is denied.
11:46:44 Verbose | Retry #…
11:47:34 Verbose | Retry #254 on copy ‘/etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf’. Exception: Access to the path is denied.
11:47:43 Error | Access to the path is denied. Ensure that the application that uses this directory is not running.
11:47:43 Error | Running rollback conventions…

Hi Victor,

This looks like a duplicate ticket I’m working with you on email. Would you prefer to work on the issue here, or stick with the email thread?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry for the duplication issue.

I`ve looking badly related topics to my issue without much luck, and thought could be helpful for both me and the community to publicly post the case.

But since it is work related may be it is better to stick with the email thread.

Thank you very much.

Hi Victor,

Don’t worry about it, we can keep this thread active and once we find a resolution we can update this thread for other users searching on the issue.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.