Deploy to single node with same role name

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out a way to only deploy a single node with same role name.
For example:
we have project named projectfox which deploys to 4 servers (web001,web002,web003,web004) with role name web-farm in production. As when we build the new server we assigned it with the same role (web-farm). we want to trigger the deploy for projectfox to only deploy to this new build server with production code instead of deploying to all the production servers.

Is there a way of doing so?

Thanks,

Hi Rex,

Thanks for getting in touch! You can certainly ensure that new machines that come online are deployed to while preventing your current machines from being redeployed to. This is done by configuring a trigger in your project (located in the Triggers tab in your project), which you can use to hook to certain machine events, like a new machine coming online and deploy it automatically. By default, the re-deploy option to machines already up to date in triggers is disabled. You can reference further information on triggers in our following doc page.

I hope this helps get you going! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks Kenny, i will give this one a go :smile:

Hi Rex,

Thanks for following up and letting me know! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to let me know how it goes, or if you have any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.