Deploy SQL scripts on SnowFlake

hi
We are using Octopus on Priem version V2022.1. We are not on cloud yet. I am trying a simple POC with one script to deploy on Snowflake DB. I am trying to use Sbowchange - Deploy Scripts" Step.

package is downloaded on one of our server where Tentacle is installed and also the Python 3.8.3 is installed. Also path of python is added in Env variable. But I am still getting below error:-

ObjectNotFound: The term ‘python’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

October 14th 2022 12:21:37

Error

At C:\Octopus\Work\20221014112133-308016-1658\Script.ps1:38 char:2

October 14th 2022 12:21:37

Error

• python --version

Any Idea?

Is there any other better way to deploy changes on SnowFlake using Octopus on Preim. As its just a POC and we are happy to switch to any better approach

Thanks
Sunil Bindra

Hi @sbindra,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus Support!

My first thought is that the tentacle service has not yet picked up the new path since Python was installed. Can you try restarting the tentacle service to see if this allows your deployment to move forward?

I look forward to hearing back, and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Dan

Thanks dan
I tried and fixed this. rebooted teh server.

My another issue if you can help. I am using “Snowchange - Deploy Scripts” task. I am not passing “Path to Snowchange”. As per script it should download from github account ““https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jamesweakley/snowchange/master/snowchange.py””.

i tried even browsing it its showing 404. do you from whereI can download this I am happy to install it on server and pass the path.

thanks
Sunil Bindra

Hi @sbindra,

I’m glad to hear the reboot got you past your initial error.

For your next question, it looks like one of my colleagues responded to you on our library page. Would you be able to implement Adam’s recommendation of providing your own snawchange.py script?

Thanks!
Dan

i tried installing Schema Change. It fails with error Main.py not found. Do you think I should download the whole code and copy it on local and then pass the path to schemachange

Hi @sbindra,

I’d like to touch base with Adam on this once he’s back online Monday morning, as he has more experience with this library step.

One of us will be in touch once we chat. Please let us know if you think of any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.