Issue: I’m currently running into an issue using a “Master Project” or “Orchestration Project.” It uses the Deploy a Release step for each project in it’s group, and the deployment condition for every step is set to IfNewer. On projects that use channels, though, I’ve noticed that it will always deploy the release if it is not the most recently deployed release.
Expected behavior: I would expect that when a project has DiscreteChannelRelease set to True (“Treat independently from other channels” in the UI) then it would not re-deploy the release.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a project with multiple channels and the Discrete Channels project setting
- Create a release in the secondary channel, and deploy
- Create a release in the default channel, and deploy
- Create an orchestration project, that contains the “Deploy a release” step, and deployment condition set to “Deploy the release if it has a higher version than the current release in the environment.”
- Create a release in the orchestration project, selecting the release in the secondary channel. It will deploy the project, even though the release for that channel is the latest.
Octopus Version: 2018.6.10
I can provide logs if need be.