Deploy A Release is skipping targets after manual intervention

I have a rolling deployment that calls another rolling deployment as a Deploy A Release step. If one of the deployment targets has an error that prompts for manual intervention, and I click Ignore at the actual deployment project level, all remaining targets are skipped. This is not the behavior that I would expect.

The example below is set to include a step that will always fail, just to help replicate this issue. As you can see, the Deploy A Release step was never even called on the remaining targets.

Hi Todd,

Thanks for getting in touch and for clearly outlining the issue you’re seeing here! I’m sorry for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused you. I’ve been able to reproduce this issue and raised it as a bug report at the following link that you can track.

The only workaround I was able to manage in my local repro was to set the window size on the parent project’s rolling deployment to match the number of machines which will then create the deployment tasks in the child projects and put them in the queue. When you click “Ignore” on the guided failure it’ll go to the next task in the queue.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns moving forward!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.