Deploy a Package step not extracting package

Hi,
I have a project to Deploy a Package to a Target and extract the package, but somehow the package is not extracting.
My project step is:

As you can see the package transfers to the specified location but does not extract:

Is it clear what I am doing wrong here?

Kind Regards,
Micheal Power

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m sorry you are having trouble with this deploy step.

As a first step in troubleshooting, would you be able to send the task log [1] for this particular deployment? You can use the following link to securely upload the task log for review:

Let me know via this post once you have uploaded the file, as unfortunately I won’t receive an upload notification.

[1] Get the Raw Output From a Task - Octopus Deploy

Best,

Britton

Hi @britton.riggs,
I have uploaded the task log.

Kind Regards,
Micheal Power

Hi Michael,

Thank you for uploading the task log!

Upon review, it looks like Octopus is performing the extraction properly, but it appears the unzipped package contains a compressed folder itself - you can see this via the following log entries where 1 file is unpacked (which matches up with the 1 compressed folder in your second screenshot):

With that being the case I would recommend reviewing your package setup to ensure that the zip folder is only one level deep so that Octopus properly extracts the contents as expected.

I hope this helps, but let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Best regards,

Britton

Hi @britton.riggs,
Yes it was the folder structure that was wrong.
Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,
Micheal Power

1 Like

Hi Micheal,

You’re welcome, I’m happy I could help!

Best regards,

Britton

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.