Delete tenant, sequence contains no elements error

Hi,

I’m trying to delete a tenant on Cloud Octopus v2019.13.6, but it’s getting a 500 error and returning the below:

The tenant has nothing currently, so not sure what’s going on.

Any help? If you need to look specifically at my instance just say and I’ll make this private and supply details.

Thanks

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’ve recently discovered a bug which prevented a tenant from being modified in any way if it was cloned from a tenant that has since been deleted. You can reference the issue here.

Does this match your situation? If not, looking at this directly in your instance would be helpful to figure out what’s going on, so I would just need consent to access as a support user and your instance URL. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

It looks like I just straight created it, not cloned another sorry.

Will PM you my instance URL and I do give you permission to have a poke around :slight_smile:

Thanks

/Matt

1 Like

I am getting this issue - did we find a resolution?

v2020.1.10

Ooo - I just seemed to accidentally solve my issue.

I think it had something to do with me deleting a Variable Set that this Tenant might have been involved in…not the Variable Set is gone, the Tenant deleted without further complaint.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know the outcome in your case. The issue linked above had a fix that was shipped as part of 2020.2.8 in case you hit this again. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns going forward!

Best regards,

Kenny

We’ve just encountered this issue.
Latest version of Octopus Cloud.
Created from new and not cloned if I remember correctly.
It seems to have half deleted something (uploaded logo is gone) but cannot remove the tenant itself.
Not associated with any other libraries or infrastructure from what I can tell.

Any ideas?

Hi @ops,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this same bug in the latest cloud version. Is it possible you’re hitting this other slightly different bug (that’s currently still open and current)? The cause of this one is common variables still applied to tenants after disconnecting from projects, where in that case the information is not surfaced at all in the tenant making it hard to diagnose. The workaround to that is to connect the tenant to any project and environment, and the deletion is allowed to go through.

If that doesn’t help, would you be willing to grant me explicit permission to create a support user for your instance to have a direct look at this? You can message me along with your instance URL via a personal message or email us at support@octopus.com for privacy. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

1 Like

Hi @Kenneth_Bates

That does indeed seem to have been the case. The workaround worked and I have been able to delete the tenant. It was connected to a project in the past but hadn’t been for a few months.

Seems it was that bug as you suspected.
Thanks for your help with this.

Hi @ops,

I appreciate the update, and thanks for confirming that. Great to hear the workaround helped, and the fix for this bug in a future version will prevent this from occurring. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

I have the same issue with Octopus 2023.2 Build 12643: I cannot delete a tenant that no longer has a project with environment linked. But the workaround (link project and environment) allowed me to get around this.

Can’t imagine this being difficult to fix, so I’m wondering why this is still open for 3 years or so.