Database and filestore for Octopus DEploy

Hi Team,

I am Prabhjot working on Octopus Deploy. I would like to understand more in detail about what is stored on database and on filestore. Like where would I find audit logs in database or filestore.

Moreover, I don’t see the manage archived audit logs option when I click on audit and under three dots on upper right corner it only show create subscription from this filter.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prabhjot

Hi Prabhjot,

Thanks for your questions.

I would like to understand more in detail about what is stored on database and on filestore

The following are stored on the file system:

• Artifacts - files stored as part of a deployment or runbook using the New-OctopusArtifact cmdlet and step templates from the community library.
  • Packages used in the built-in repository
  • Deployment and Runbook task logs
  • Telemetry files
  • Audit entries that have been exported

Generally, everything else is stored in the database for example records about projects, releases, deployments, variables etc.

Moreover, I don’t see the manage archived audit logs option when I click on audit and under three dots on upper right corner it only show create subscription from this filter.

As per our docs here, Audit Retention functionality was introduced in Octopus 2022.3 and will be made available to Cloud customers soon. We will make this available to the on-prem customers later in 2023.

It’s therefore possible it’s not available in your Octopus Server version if running on-prem, or in Octopus Cloud as we roll features out in stages.

I hope that helps!

Best,