Dashboard Config

I’ve created a dashboard for the QA team to show what the current build status is on our Stage environment and also our Production environment.

All fine, BUT, we have two slots on the Stage environment and the default seems to be to display the B channel. Normally this is fine as we’ll deploy the same build to both channels - however, right now, we have two different builds for one app and that one is the only one I can see.

So for WAP Rezlynx PMS, I’m only seeing the B channel (1.500.14005-B) and not the A channel (1.500.13019).

Is there either a way to show both channels OR just the A channel?

Hi David,

Thanks for getting in touch! Whilst this is possible inside the project overview dashboard using the Discrete Channel Releases feature, it does not carry over to the main dashboard in Octopus. However, we do believe this option should be visible via the primary dashboard and have created an enhancement issue in GitHub to address this.

Does this look like what you are after?

Let me know if you have any questions here.

Best regards,
Daniel

Morning Daniel,

Yes – that GitHub enhancement issue looks exactly what I’m after!

Don’t suppose you’ve got any idea if this will come to anything?

Kind Regards

David

David Redmayne​

QA Manager
Email:
david.redmayne@guestline.com
Office:
+44 1743 282300

Guestline Ltd - Guestline House - Shrewsbury Business Park - Shrewsbury - SY2 6LG - UK. Company Number 02661520
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back. We have added this issue to our list and it will be addressed. However, I won’t be able to provide a time frame on when it will be addressed. We are actively improving our dashboard wherever we can, so I don’t see this issue being forgotten about. :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions or thoughts on this, please let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.