DACPAC Deployment - version error in 1 not another

Hi all,

First time poster and total beginner with Octopus so please forgive me if I’ve put this in the wrong place or it’s a silly question.

I’m trying to have my SQL Server database project deployed via Octopus to SQL 2017, well actually the process is;

• TeamCity get the project from BitBucket
  • TeamCity then does the build.
  • TeamCity the uses Octopac to create the nupkg
  • TeamCity then passes the psckage over to Octopus

Which then

• Octopus project has 2 steps, the first prepares the nupkg and outputs the dacpac.
  • Octopus then deploys the dacpac to the database server (SQL 2017).

This all works perfectly well in a sandbox project I have. However in another project which I have which doing the same thing gives me the following error.

“Deployment failed: Exception calling “Extract” with “4” argument(s): “Unsupported SQL Server version error: Invalid SQL Server version 14.”
September 13th 2019 15:49:10
Info
Reason: Unsupported SQL Server version error: Invalid SQL Server version 14.

I’ve compared the Octopus project that works with the one that doesn’t and I cant find any differences, both have the target database version as SQL Server 2016 and all other settings look identical.

Does anyone have any clues as to what this may be or where I should look.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Nic

Hey there Nic! I reviewed the code of the SQL - Deploy DACPAC community step template. Selecting the version from the drop down affects where the code goes to look for the DACPAC .dll files. Your post says that you’ve selected SQL 2016 from the drop down, but are deploying to SQL 2017, which may be why it is failing. Is the sandbox deploying to the same or different server(s)?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.