Custom step template drop down list not saving selected value

Hello,

I created a custom step template with a dropdown field. However, when I save the step data later, the selected value is not preserved. I did some debugging (with Fiddler) and it seems like the selected value is actually saved, but it is not shown as selected when viewing the page. I checked the code and there it says ui-select2 as a directive, which is the only occurrence of this directive. Is it meant to be ui-select? :slight_smile:

Boyan

Hi Boyan,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind sharing us the full JSON of the step template so we can take a look? Feel free to mark this conversation as “Private” if you dont want this info to be public.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

I upgraded to version 3.1.4 where this seems to be working. I noticed, though, that when selecting a value from the dropdown, it becomes a textarea. I.e. if there is a valeu selected, it is not shown as a dropdown more, but rather as an textarea. Is it by design?

Best,
Boyan

Hi Boyan,

It is a bug. We have a github issue for that one already https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/2015

Thanks for the heads up though :slight_smile:

Dalmiro