Create release in Octopus from Azure Devops without a space

I am quite new to devops so looking for recommendations.
Currently we have a basic pipeline setup in azure devops which builds and run tests.
We want to deploy the package to our cloud based octopus instance which is version 3.3.27.
We have created a service connection in azure devops and we are trying to use the push package to octopus task but it is asking for a space.
As 3.3.27 does not support spaces does anyone know if this task can be made to work without a space?

Hi Rob,
Thanks for getting in touch! Welcome to the world of DevOps.

You certainly can make this Task work without referencing a Space name. In Azure, under “Push Package(s) to Octopus”, you’ll see a Task Version Option, this should be the Version of Octopus you’re running (see example below). Once this is set to V3.* you should be prompted for a space name.

image.png

Below are a couple of links, one to a Webinar and the other to our Documentation on Octopus & Azure that might be helpful on your DevOps journey.

I hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to reach out with any further questions you may have.

Kind Regards,
Tina

Thanks for you’re very helpful reply.
Unfortunately we do not have a Task option on the UI for the Push Package to Octopus task.

It seems Space is a mandatory field, I notice that this calls our octopus api (/api/spaces/all) to prepopulate the combo but we do not have this api method on our octopus insance.
Any idea how to proceed?

I have managed to get this working but just removing Space: in the yaml.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.