Create and publish a snapshot with the CLI

Good afternoon,

I’m using a runbook that has a step which takes a script from a package. I am however finding it really inconvenient to have to manually create a new snapshot and publish it after any change to the script.

Unlike being able to create a new release with dotnet-octo create-release, there doesn’t appear to be the equivalent create-snapshot command. I was also hoping for a publish-snapshot command, but that is missing too.

I see there is the page create and publish a new runbook snapshot, but as I am using AWS CodeBuild, but would mean that I have to maintain yet another script.

Are there any plans to add snapshot related commands to the CLI in the near future?

Hey David,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’m going to reach out to the developers and see if there are plans to put this in the new version of Octo that we’re cooking up, as well as the older versions.

Please feel free to reach out in the meantime.

Best,
Jeremy

Hey David,

I spoke with one of the integrations developers and they said that it’s definitely something they will consider with our next iteration of octo cli (called octopus).

They asked if you could please put in an issue here stating the functionality you’d like to see with the runbook snapshots:GitHub - OctopusDeploy/cli: Next Generation of the Octopus CLI

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for reaching out to the team.

I have created an issue in the GitHub repo that you shared. Happy to provide further details and context if it would help to get the request accempted.

Thanks,
David

Hey @dgard1981,

Just jumping in for Jeremy as he is currently off shift as part of our US based team. Thank you for taking the time to create that GitHub issue, I have informed the engineers that has been done and sent them the link so they can review it.

I am not sure when they would be able to implement this but it will be on their radar to take a look, you will be notified via email when the engineers have an update as they will comment on the GitHub issue.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you and please reach out if you need assistance with anything else.

Kind Regards,

Clare

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.