Is there anyway for to make octopus create a Hyper-V virtual machine when it needs to deploy and there isn’t a server already available?
The use case for me would be:
- We have many projects, most of which do not need to be in a DEV environment if they are not being worked on in the last month
- After a month of inactivity the server decommissions itself
- I make a change to a project which hasn’t been worked in over a month
- Teamcity builds the project successfully and creates a new release in octopus
- Octopus sees the new release, checks if a server is available in the DEV environment with a role specific to that project
6a) If there is octopus deploys to that server
6b) If there isn’t octopus creates a new VM (powershell script?), adds the machine to the DEV environment with the required role, deploys to it
I guess this might not be an octopus feature but is there a way to wire it up?
I.e. We could run the create VM script as part of the teamcity build process, but how can we add the VM to octopus automatically?
Or is there a different tool which allows this case better?