‘Could not load file or assembly ‘System.ValueTuple, Version=4.0.0.0”

Hi,

I’m getting the error above when performing any action on a node that involves running a script; copying packages succeeds but anything more than that, including health checks, returns this error.

I’ve found this thread on the forums already, which is exactly the issue I’m having since upgrading to the latest Octopus Deploy release. We came from 3.4.15 - and interestingly I’m only having this issue on servers I’ve built since the upgrade.

The servers run Windows Server 2012 R2 from an AWS provided AMI (the latest standard image) - we downgrade the .Net version to 4.5.2 (release 379893, full version number 4.5.51209) and install the tentacle using Powershell DSC.

I’m just hoping someone has worked out exactly what causes this problem? I would expect we’ll be able to work around it by playing with .Net versions but we’re running some very ‘delicate’ software which won’t appreciate our doing so.

Thanks,

Toby

When I read this back it occurred to me that the part about using the ‘latest’ AMI may not be true. I checked and I was using ami-bd1342c4 from March 24th. I’ve updated to ami-62fdee88 from July and rebuilt which has resolved the issue.

I’m not sure how much help this will be for future Googlers, but hopefully a starting point.

Hi Toby,

Thanks for posting the update here. I’m glad to hear that you found a resolution to your issue.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any other issues or problems here. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel